Monday, August 04, 2008

Training Update 8-04-2008

Since the Laramie Enduro, 2 Saturdays ago, I only managed 4 rides for a total of 98 miles in just over 8 hours. The Sunday after the race I rode 10 miles on the road just to keep my legs open. Wednesday, I slogged myself up Flagstaff to ride Superwalker from my house, but was hurting too bad to ride Walker. I changed plans and rode Meirs Gulch instead - Super Meirs Gulch. Ha!! Saturday was the Crankworx Colorado race posted below. Today I did a recovery/climbing ride from Boulder up the link trail with two laps around Betasso and back. I felt pretty good and managed to ride a 15 minute lap on my second lap. I feel like I should be riding more, but with races in two weeks I don't want to over do things. My form is solid so I think I'm balancing rest and training well. I potentially have two more races the next two weekends which would make 4 races in 4 weeks. I'll post more about those soon.

This picture is a good metaphor for how I feel this month.
Lots of wear and tear, but still going strong!

No comments: