Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Snow is Back

It's been on holiday since January, but after the warmest winter I can remember it's finally back in Colorado - Snow!! As the day wore on the dogs grew frisky to get some powder under their paws.


Jo and I headed out to what I call the Mini Black Forest near Eldorado Springs Canyon. The blizzard was in full effect with over 16" on the ground, drifting to waist high in places. We enjoyed fresh tracks the entire time.





As the wind whipped up, near white out conditions developed and we soon wondered off course. I had to brush off my rusty orienteering skills and use landmark alignment to shoot straight-line bearings back to the truck. Jonny V. saw the truck at the trail head and decided go for a snow run / rescue mission. Luckily, we were almost back to the front gate when we met up. After we realized the strange figure running towards us was Jonny we all had a good laugh!


No comments: