Monday, March 31, 2008

Training Update 3-31-08

Snow, snow, snow. Snow seriously cramped my training last week. We had three snows last week mostly on days where I had only a couple hours to ride. They weren't bad, just a light dusting, but the cloud cover kept the temps down making it miserable. The few days it didn't snow the temps got up to the mid 60's which was great except for the 45 mph pre-frontal winds ahead of the next storm. Spring in Colorado - If you don't like the weather just wait and hour!!

I got out 3 times for a total of about 100 miles, one short 15 mile ride, one long 45 mile 4.5 hour ride battling wind the entire time, and one 35 mile climbing ride from our house to the top of Flagstaff. The top of Flagstaff is a little too steep for my plan of incremental knee rehabilitation, it's been hurting ever since. I think I'm going to keep my climbing to lower Flagstaff and Left Hand Canyon for the time being.

No comments: