Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rocks in Albuquerque

Albuquerque was my last random destination last week. My co-worker Corey and I met up with my old friend Nischom. After a buritto stop we headed to the foothills to enjoy the sunset and dinner on the rocks. Rocks are plentiful in Albuquerque and we enjoyed lots of climbing, surfing and jumping in the light of the setting sun. I went to high school with Nischom and even though I saw him last month, it was good to catch up and take some pictures.


Here's Nischom and Corey posing for the Shadow Pic (seen Here) in my previous post. They aren't a couple and didn't even know each other before he picked us up at the hotel. It was a little weird asking them to hold hands, but I needed them to in order to get the shadows right. The shadow didn't look right with them holding hands so I made it even more akward by making them hold each others arms and knees!


Rock Jumping (Nischom has much nicer form!)





The sunset was spectacular, one of those ones that can only be found in the SouthWest. It was a good HDR opportunity.

Rocks and Cacti



HDR Sunset vs. Normal Sunset
Through HDR the foreground is exposed, but at the expense of contrast with the horizon. I think the normal sunset is the better pic.


No comments: