Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Obsession Continues

I think the source of all my M Coupe angst lately has been due to withdrawals. In November I parked it for the winter. For proper storage I spent 10 (that's right 10) hours washing, clay baring, polishing, waxing, cleaning tires, engine underside, wheel wells, brakes, conditioning the interior, and lastly windexing the glass. I have a problem.


My desire to carve the local canyon roads and school Audi S4's, WRX's, Mustangs (those are the most indignant losers) and scores of riced out Honda's and Toyota's has been slowly building since that day. Today, I just couldn't hold out any longer. I truly have a problem! I needed to run some last minute Christmas errands, the weather was mild and the roads are mostly clear. After an hour of weighing pros and cons I decided that it was worth running the engine out on the open road even if I might encounter some dirt and sand. Did I mention I have a problem? It was awesome! I ran the whole way with the windows down so I could hear the raspy exhaust note. I was perma-smile the whole time. I accomplished my errands in record time, schooled a college kid in an Audi, and received tons of compliments in the parking lots on the way.

No comments: