Thursday, July 10, 2008

My First Cliff Launch

It's winter in South Africa and Adam stitched together 3 shots from my first Cliff Launch ever off the 1000' cliff in Horse Thief Canyon. I can still remember the butterflies, anxiety, and excitement as I walked out to the edge. The glider was my old Wills Wing X/C called the pink panther. The sail was so stretched that it handled different for every last flight. That combined with a heavy nose mounted video camera made for a dramatic landing (more like just flying into the ground) in the first flying scene of Horse Thief Canyon the movie. You can see it Here. The pink panther also lives on in Hang Gliding & Paragliding Magazine. It's a small color icon in the top of the classified section lifted from another picture Adam took.







Adam's blog is linked to the right under Batman's Blog or you can see it Here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Evening, I came across your blog while doing some research for our site - what a great picture(s). Would you mind if we used the picture on our blog/website - http://adventureescapades.blogspot.com We will of course put a link back to your blog.

Regards
Gary
AdventureEscapades.co.za