Monday, June 23, 2008

Training Update 6-23-08 - The Cross Country Super Loop

Last week I rode 11 hours and 45 minutes over 5 rides. They included my normal weekly Super Walker along with a couple long mountain dirt road rides for base. I tried to increase my ride times and lower my intensity slightly to improve my base for the Laramie Enduro. It's really too close to the race for me to make any significant impact on where I should be, but it shouldn't hurt either. This coming week I'll do the opposite in order to taper for Winter Park Race 2, The Cross Country Super Loop, which takes place on Sunday the 29th.
The exact course and distance have yet to be announced, but they are similar to last year's. Here's last year's course maps:





The course should have about 2,670 feet of climbing most of it above 9000' elevation. Here's the profile:



Now that the season is in full swing, it seems like I never have enough time to get things done (including blogging). It's going to be a challenge to get my fitness level where it needs to be, spend time with Jo and the dogs, work enough to pay the bills and not burn out. I think I can do it if I'm super pro-active!

1 comment:

Greg Arguello said...

Hi Alex, Just got back from winter park this afternoon. Had two great days of riding,alot of the trails in the race coarse. Hope you have fun. Peace Greg