Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Training Update 4-14-09

I was able to get enough breaks in the weather to get back on track last week. I had to suffer in the cold, but including my urban assault ride I was able to ride 4 days for a total of 138 miles. I was also able to incrementally increase my climbing a little too and am starting to feel some strength in my legs as a result. It's a fine line with my knee. I feel it after every hard ride, but I've been religious in doing 3 dimensional stretching every day. If I can walk this line just right I think I can be pretty competitive by mid-summer. I'm about 15 pounds heavier than my ideal racing weight, but eating right consistently has been hard for me this season. That is my next big area to focus on.

My first race in is 12 days and I have yet to touch my mountain bike this year. The last ride was the White Rim trail in early November 2007. I'm going to rebuild it into more of a cross country machine instead of the Super D machine I built it up last fall. More on that soon...

No comments: