Friday, April 25, 2008

36 Hours to Race - No Bike

The Greenbrier Race is this Sunday and I'm sure all of you regular readers are sick of hearing about it. If not and you want to find out more you can click Here.

I've been haunted the past couple weeks by massive unknowns going into this race. After two knee pain riddled seasons this year I really wanted to try to break out of the shackles of my injury. So far that hasn't gone as planned. My knee actually feels worse than it did last fall and my fitness is questionable. Most of my friends are dumbfounded as to why I even want to do this race. My answer is that I'm stoked to race where I grew up, but I'm not sure that is entirely what is driving me. There is something else I can't quite put my finger on. Either way the whole thing just got a little harder.


I sent my bike "guaranteed deliver" overnight by FedEx yesterday and it didn't make it. There are no guarantee's in life and I guess I was naive to think FedEx would be any different. Right now it isn't guaranteed to arrive until Monday which will be 24 hours too late. There is a chance I can pick it up at a delivery center on Saturday, but I have to call at 5:00am mountain time, exactly 4:51 minutes from now as I type to find out. If I not I have faith that I'll be able to find a bike, it just might not be an ideal race bike. I'll guess time only time will tell - literally!

No comments: