Friday, September 18, 2009

Headed to Santa Cruz Flats

I'm opening the door to a new avenue of adventure tomorrow - Hang Gliding Competition. I did The King Mountain Hang Gliding Championships in 2004 and 2005, but that was long ago and for only a few days so it doesn't really count. Santa Cruz Flats on the other hand is the read deal. It's a 7 day long aerotow comp with filled with world class talent. I'll be in way over my head, but it's going to be a great stepping stone to learn from the best.

I've spent the past couple weeks getting a better glider sorted, a Wills Wing Talon. It had some issues when I picked it, but with Mark's help it's airworthy again. I test flew it today and couldn't believe how sweet it flew. The Talon handled like a Porsche compared to the Fusion. It was a little faster than I'm used to, but so much easier to launch, fly, and land.

Test Flying the Talon







No comments: