Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pablo's Trip to Africa

Last November I got an expected call as I was wondering the isles of McGuckin's Hardware store in Boulder. The caller ID showed it was my good friend Pablo from Salt Lake City. He was calling to ask me what I had going on that weekend. I told him I was leading a trip on the White Rim Trail for Phoenix Multisport, then I asked why. He had an offer for an adventure that I normally couldn't refuse, but had to because I would have let down everyone depending on me for the White Rim trip. He wanted me to help him pilot a EMB-120 Brasilia from the US to Africa. Pablo and I flew the Brasilia together quite a bit when I was a first officer based in Salt Lake City. He's a top notch pilot that wouldn't hesitate to join on a transcontinental flight, especially to Africa. For more info on the Brasilia click Here. Pablo wrote and excellent flight log of the trip, check it out Here.

The Brasilia


From the Atlantic Ocean...


...to the African Desert


No comments: