Monday, May 26, 2008

Training Update 5-26-08

I tried to get back on track last week riding every day but Friday. I rode both Road and Mountain, balancing increased knee pain with the need to maintain some fitness. The highlight of the week was another Buffalo Creek Ride with Jo on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we had a great ride, although we were both pretty fatigued and I forgot my camera like an idiot. Argh!! We rode a 25 mile loop covering about half of the course of a race called The Burn. The Burn is a time trial type race covering two loops on Buffalo Creeks epic smooth single track. It takes place this Saturday and I'm very tempted to race it. I think the course suits my strengths and on the Superfly I could do well. The problem is I'm poor right now and am supposed to work Saturday. I could easily drop my trip and do the race, but I might have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the next 10 days as a result. My next scheduled race is the Laramie Enduro, an 80 mile race in Laramie, WY, that takes place in late July. I'd like to do a race or two before the Laramie Enduro and The Burn would be super fun. Hmm decisions...

Sunday Jo and I did a quick road ride up Lefthand Canyon and this time I didn't forget my camera.



Here's a choppy YouTube video of our descent.

No comments: