Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Our Wedding - Wedding Day

My New Year's resolution was to resurect my blog. I've been bogged down for months trying to edit and organize hundreds of gigs of wedding photos. I've made some headway, but am nowhere close to finished. Here's a brief description of the day.

Our plan for the wedding was to have the anti-wedding. As I said before, watching countless hours of wedding shows on TLC I learned that the average American wedding would be pure hell for me and luckily Jo agreed. Our goal was to have our wedding be an experience that suited our lifestyle and share that with our friends and family.

The pavilion at Whispering Oaks was the perfect expression of what we wanted. It was unpretentous yet tasteful. The aged wooden timbers, crisp mountain air, and green junipers set the background for our special day.

In the morning I sent my groomsmen off to Arches National Park. Jo took her clan into town to get their hair done. The rest of family filled in and helped set up the tables in the pavilion. It was the way a family event should be, with everyone pitching in and getting it done the old timey way. My dad would have been proud!

The Ceremony








The Reception


Sumo Suits






Small Bikes






Small Bikes and Sumo Suits




A Fake Cake


Dancing


Food


Swords


More Dancing


In Sumo Suits


We finished the evening laughing and telling stories sitting around a bonfire. It was perfect...

1 comment:

Ann D Bartlett said...

The weather was perfect, the river was wonderful, Moab was as senic as ever, meeting both families was awesome, friends were everywhere,
the ceremony was a fairy tale, the reception was fantastic, the entertainment was entertainment at its very best, the bride and groom were and are surrounded and blessed by love.
Thank you for inviting me to share that special day with you. Love and Hugs