Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Ride 2008

I posted yesterday that if the weather was nice and I' felt up to it I'd get back on the saddle and go for a bike ride today. Well, I'm about 58 days behind in starting my 2008 cycling training schedule, but I finally started today. Sickness, head injuries, and poor weather have all delayed me starting training officially which isn't a big deal because the shape of my 2008 race season is very unclear at the moment. I'm still deciding on what bike to race and if I'm going to race for a team or race solo. I'm semi-committed to Dean, but not really!



It was good to get my heart rate up and turn the cranks a little. I was amazed at how much fitness I've lost, but like always, I expect it will return sooner than I think. Doug and I rode out Highway 36 to Lyons and back. Just under 26 miles in 1:20 for an average speed of 20 mph. It was a good break-in-the-body ride. If the weather is nice and my sickness stays at bay I'm going to do it again tomorrow!

No comments: