Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tormenting Molly

The holidays were good on the Lee-Side this year. Jo and I traveled the country East and West and she got to meet some of the many elements of my family. Throughout the season good times and high calorie meals were plentiful, wonderful gifts were given and received. The old adage holds true - It's the thought that counts! Andrew unknowingly picked the Buttmaster at Chinese Christmas and promptly gave it to me for the fleece blanket I had picked.



The best thing about the Buttmaster is the way Susanne Summers, looking back at us in her 1980's era one-piece leotard, just made people smile. I eventually traded out of the Buttmaster and lost a heated dispute for a wobble clock. I left Chinese Christmas with a stealthy beeping device called an annoy-a-tron that I have been waiting for the right moment to put into action! Back in Colorado I got The Office sitcom on DVD and Air Hog miniature RC helicopters that shoot lasers at each other, they compliment each other perfectly. I've spent hours neglecting my chores, responsibilities, and training for the 2008 mountain bike racing season by watching episodes of The Office and having helicopter battles between them. The cold weather hasn't helped my motivation, but alas, I'm almost through season 3. The Office is a hilarious, yet painful comedy, I liken it to the new Seinfeld. If you've seen the series you know who Dwight is. We all know a Dwight Schrute, although I seem to know a disproportional amount of them from Maryland. Ha!


By far the most hilarious thing about my sedentary lifestyle lately is when Jo and I torment Molly with the RC helicopters. Molly has always neurotically chased laser pointers, which is not healthy in my opinion. The helicopters are different. She goes after them with the same enthusiasm she goes after prairie dogs and bunny rabbits with, excited but not neurotic. It is hilarious!

1 comment:

Franz said...

you hover like i do.