Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Red-Tail Hawk in my Front Yard

I was out raking leaves the other day when I spotted this red-tail hawk thermaling over my neighborhood. I'm not sure if it came from hang gliding or just interest in birds of prey, but it seems like I have a knack for spotting raptors from afar. He was thermaling with another red-tail a couple of streets down, but after watching for a while I could tell they were drifting in my direction. I ran in and got the camera.


I need a zoom lens bad. Look for more on that in a future post (I've got tons of wildlife photos that are too far away). Here is a composite image of 14 shots I took of him as he thermaled over my house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great composite shot. I put it as my desk top background.

You should sell it on posters and T-shirts!

Leo Jones

OB said...

Nice job bro...

Matt S. said...

Sweet image(s)! Hope you are recovering & recuperating well after your 24.

Cloudbase said...

Thanks guys!!