Monday, October 22, 2007

THE DEATH STAR!! (actually it's a tree stump)

I encountered this Death Star-reminiscent tree stump on one of my recent Kensosha rides. Maybe it was high altitude, being tired from the long climb, dehydration, or some combinaton of factors, but as I was riding along and saw this stump I thought "Hey, it's the Death Star". So, naturally, I stopped and took a picture of it.



For those of you who have been devoid of popular culture for the past 30 years, the Death Star was a fictional planet-destroying space station appearing in the Star Wars movies. You can read more about it here.

My Death Star encounter didn't result in any planet destruction, but after stopping to take pictures I did have to pedal a little harder to catch up with my group. You won this round Death Star!

Am I the only one that see's the resemblance? It is 2:30am and I should go to bed...



No comments: