Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wishing I was in the Air

My 2007 Hang Gliding season has yet to start. I've been grounded by a few mechanical issues with my harness, but I've been staying sane by living vicariously through other pilots. Last week a few Colorado pilots had 4+ hour days at Villa Grove and only choose to stop flying because they were cold. Lee, in Santa Barbara, has reported an epic flying season all winter long getting a ton of airtime in both his paraglider and hang glider. And the Jeff's have been enjoying the sunny Florida weather all week at the Flytec meet at Quest. Jeff has some awesome blog entries about his trip down there and the first couple days of flying which you can check out here. What does it feel like to be grounded with hang gliders all around you ask. This picture from Quest last year is a good impression.




Alas, there is hope for me yet. I leave for Utah on Sunday for 3 weeks of work training, but I do plan on unwinding from work on more than one occasion at the Point of the Mountain. I can't wait! Here's Jeff flying the point with the paraglider's last fall.

No comments: