Sunday, May 24, 2009

Camping with John

After rafting the Taos Box (previous post) Jo and I camped with John and the Albuquerque crew in Pilar, NM, just down stream of the take out. We had a chill evening hanging with John and enjoying the evening on the shores of the Rio Grande. For the second night in a row I left the camping gear packed as John put us up in his pop up camper. We were both exhausted and I didn't loose any sleep at my lack of hard coreness.

In the morning I was the last one up and awoke to a scene of warm sunshine and friendly offers of breakfast. Taking full advantage of the Selk Bag (here) I walked out of bed savoring all of the heat I had generated through out the night. John made us a delicious breakfast of eggs and bacon.

Chillin in the Selk Bag


John in the Morning


Breakfast



The camp was filled with slower movers from the previous days paddling and a huge breakfast. John's dog Hogan made the rounds cleaning off plates while two chiwawa's from the ABQ crew kept us all entertained.

Hogan


Chiwawa's




ABQ Crew



Jo warmed up for our day with some Yoga while John and I broke down his pop up. John was headed back to ABQ while Jo and I were headed to the mountains outside of Taos for an epic mountain bike ride. After a lazy morning chilling in Pilar we bid John farewell and headed North.

Jo's Warm Up Yoga





Breaking Down the Trailer


A Great Morning

No comments: