Thursday, June 07, 2007

Back in Boulder - 100 MPH Winds

I made it back to Boulder last night and was greeted with Hurricane force winds. Luckily those were tailwinds for most of my drive, I made the 500 mile trip in just over one tank of gas! Colorado's Front Range has been experiencing what has been called "A Late Season Wind Event" for the past 24 hours. Here are some peak wind speeds at various reporting stations along the Front Range.





Wind speeds from 74-95mph are considered a Category 1 Hurricane. Category 2 wind speeds are 96-110mph, the station North of Boulder reporting 101mph is well within that range. Other than freaking out the dogs and waking me up the damage is minimal. Here are some pics from my front yard.








A couple months ago the winds at the house were so strong it blew out James and Mary's picture window in the middle of the night. I'm not sure how this happened, but it is hilarious!





You would think this is wind damage, but I suspect the real culprit is high gas prices!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the Rockies really wanted you back on the lee-side. Now that your done training, lets hear it: "Props are for boats" Right?

James Butler said...

Someone put the cone in the tree. I'm not buying the fact that it was picked up and managed to get lodged in there.
Regardless of how it got there, I'm just happy it didn't hit the new window.
James