Monday, May 28, 2007

Shane Flies Again

After a 3 year hiatus from hang gliding my friend Shane took to the air again. Shane is in Utah for the same training as I am. His glider was in a sad state of disrepair when he got to Utah, but with some love from Tom, a Point of the Mountain local, he was able to get it airworthy again.





We found some time after class a few weeks ago to get out to the South Side. It was a light day and Shane wasn't sure if he was going to fly. I launched and fought to stay up in light ridge lift. After a while I lost the fight and ended up at the bottom.





As I was breaking down I saw Shane hooked into his glider, standing on launch. He launched and soared for a while, but eventually lost the fight and ended up at the bottom with me. I grabbed my camera thinking his first landing in three years might be interesting. Hang gliding must be like riding a bike because he nailed a perfect landing!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bought time!

Anonymous said...

I'm stoked you to see Shane's flying again. When are you boys coming out to fly Tahoe?

Congrats on the new upgrade! What are you flying now?