Saturday, May 09, 2009

Old Man Wounded Knee

It's been 3 days since my PRP injection and I've been going non-stop the entire time. My doc told me to let my pain guide me, but to stay mobile. Today was the Battle of the Bear mountain bike race. Jo and I went to support all the Phoenix Multisport athletes who were racing. My knee has been psychitsophrenic since the injection, ranging from achy, tender, perfect, sore, stiff, 100 percent, swollen, and unhappy. I was told this would happen, but after lots of walking today it was just unhappy. By mid-day I had to go find a large walking stick to help me bear the load. At times it was all I could do to hobble from place to place rather dramatically garnering much unwanted attention. (Yes, I actually didn't want attention for once). I should have some pics of the race up soon, once I get through editing them.

Old Man Wounded Knee
(That's the Break-Away in my hand being delivered to its new home.)

No comments: