Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Searching for Coffee Photos - Idaho Falls

Idaho Falls is the 3rd largest city in Idaho which isn't much in a state ranked 44 out of 50 in least population density. The morning I spent there was cold and dreary with a light snow falling on the many wonders I stumbled across during my search for coffee. If you haven't read my other Searching for Coffee Photo posts, they are about how the details of what ever town I happen to be in are much more interesting before caffeine then after. My quest in IDA took me across the Snake River and through the remnants of a once prosperous downtown to a strip of newer economic growth that was home to Starbucks. I searched for a Ma / Pop coffee shop downtown, but all I found was vacant store fronts, restaurants, old theaters, and pawn shops. That's not to say the downtown was without charm. In fact I thought the mix of old and new business was way more eclectic than the manufactured eclectivity that exists inside Starbucks.



































No comments: