Thursday, December 22, 2011

Searching for Coffee Photos - Sacramento

I don't write much about being an airline pilot. I travel the continent in a different world than the people I am transporting. Traveling has become an incidental component of getting to fly airplanes for a living, though that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. Normally, it's just a brief foray into a city I would have no other reason to go to. I usually work weekends and trips that start in afternoon, so when I find myself downtown it's usually deserted. If I have time to venture out of the confines out the hotel, it's on a foot-borne quest for coffee.

Maybe it's the haze of pre-caffeinated delirium or viewing the local world with the lack of purpose that only an incidental traveler can, but I tend to notice the minor details of my surroundings with more fascination than the locals bustling around me. Armed with nothing more than an iPhone camera, small bursts of creativity prompt me to stop and capture my journey. Then after the coffee cuts through my haze I wonder why the hell I spent so much time photographing a street sign or random industrial structure. A mass deletion usually follows, but occasionally I manage to find something worth keeping. This post is the first of a new blog label I'm calling "Searching for Coffee Photos" and starts with my journey to Starbucks in Old Town Sacramento.

















No comments: