Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Practical Sports Car

In the sport of Hang Gliding having a good rack is a necessity.



A rack that can accommodate multiple sports is even better.


Once I even made a rack for rent-a-car out of a giant PVC pipe. The roof caved in a little, but I laid in the back seat and kicked it out before I returned it!


Right after I took this picture and old guy asked me what was in the tube. I took a cue from Lee and told him it was life-size blue prints for my house. I explained you just lay the blue prints on the ground and nail the wood down along the lines, to which he responded "Well, you better not build it here and ruin the view!"
Back on topic, no rack = bad idea!


Having proven my point I decided the M Coupe just wouldn't be complete without a rack. It took some very careful custom engineering, but I pulled it off.


Now the argument that the M Coupe is a grossly impractical vehicle just won't stand!


I gave it a little too much gas shifting out of 1st as I pulled up to the loading zone. The raspy exhaust note turned quite a few heads as it screamed out from the background noise of idling diesels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a "Sports" car! Sweet! All you need is a cherry red glider bag.

OB said...

Oh dude. Too funny. I dig the other rack photos. I too have returned a brand new rental car with the roof looking like the surface of a golf ball. Sorry I haven't returned your call yet. I will. Cheers. ~OB

Anonymous said...

life size blue prints.... I'm still laughing.

Jump start car service said...

Our towing vehicles are fully insured with maximum hang-up coverage available, third-party liability, and product coverage.